创办院长罗卫国
我用什么才能留住你
发布时间:2022-09-05



What can I hold you with?

我用什么才能留住你



I offer you lean streets,

我给你瘦落的街道,


desperate sunsets,

绝望的落日,


the moon of the jagged suburbs.

荒郊的月亮,


I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.

我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。


I offer you my ancestors, my dead men,

我给你我已死去的祖辈,


the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:

后人们用大理石祭奠的先魂,


my father’s father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires,

我父亲的父亲阵亡于布宜诺斯艾利斯的边境,


two bullets through his lungs,

两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,


bearded and dead,

死的时候蓄着胡子,


wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;

尸体被士兵们用牛皮裹起。


my mother’s grandfather

我母亲的祖父,


just twenty-four

那年才二十四岁,


heading a charge of three hundred men in Peru,

在秘鲁率领三百人冲锋,


now ghosts on vanished horses.

如今都成了消失的马背上的亡魂。


I offer you whatever insight my books may hold.

我给你我的书中所能蕴含的一切悟力,


whatever manliness or humour my life.

以及我生活中所能有的男子气概和幽默,


I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.

我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。


I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow -the central heart

我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心,


that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams

不营字造句,不和梦交易,


and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.

不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。


I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.

我给你早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。


I offer you explanationsof yourself,

我给你关于你生命的诠释,


theories about yourself,

关于你自己的理论,


authentic and surprising news of yourself.

你的真实而惊人的存在。


I can give you my loneliness,

我给你我的寂寞,


my darkness,

我的黑暗,


the hunger of my heart;

我心的饥渴,


I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.

我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。



【本文作者】博尔赫斯



1、每月讲一次面授课 2、每季建一个学习谷 3、每年开一次学友会 4、每五年出一本亮书 ©版权所有:罗卫国(北京)咨询有限公司 备案号:京ICP备16014639号-1